Code of Conduct
- Daily attendance would be held in the Hostel Common Room at 8:00 p.m. in the Summerand at 7:00 p.m. in the winter. Strict disciplinary action will be taken against theabsentees
- Parents are allowed to meet their daughters between 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., otherguests are not allowed.
- Girls are allowed two outings per week.
- Taking meals in the Hostel Mess is compulsory for all girls. Even if a student misses hermeal, she will have to pay the full monthly diet charges. Mess will be discontinued duringthe official vacation.
- No girl is allowed to join any tour/function unless it is being organised /sponsored by theCollege authorities.
- Use of any electric appliances for any purpose in the Hostel Room without the permissionof the warden is prohibited. Defaulters may face strict disciplinaryaction to the extent of rustication from the College
- Strict disciplinary action will be taken against those who indulge in the destruction ofHostel property or are involved in activities like ragging, using drugs, smoking, bringingoutsiders/guests to the College Hostel.
- Expulsion from the University /College.
- Suspension from classes.
- Fine with a public apology.
- With holding a scholarship or other benefits.
- Debarring from the representations in events.
- Suspension or expulsion from hostel or mess.
- Legal proceedings under criminal law shall be initiated.
- Be regular in attending your classes
- Keep the campus clean and make proper uses of the dustbins provided.
- Show respect and courtesy to the members of the teaching and non-teaching staff and fellow students
- Show your identity card as and when asked for by any teacher
- Participate actively in co-curricular & extra-curricular activities.
- Maintain silence while moving in the college campus. Move quietly when going from one classroom to another.
- Adopt healthy lifestyle
- Don't loiter aimlessly.
- Make good use of library and Internet facilities.
- Do not disturb the classes by standing and talking outside the classrooms while the classes are in progress.
- Do not spoil the college property by writing remarks on the walls.
- Do not damage college property i.e. furniture, electrical installations etc.
- Do not pluck flowers or damage plants
- Approach your teachers in case you are in any difficulty during college hours.
- Every Teacher shall discharge his/her duties efficiently and diligently to match with the academic standards and performance norms laid down by the Government from time to time.
- Every Teacher shall update his/her knowledge and skills to equip himself/herself professionally for the proper discharge of duties assigned to him/her.
- Every Teacher shall conduct himself/herself with absolute dignity and decorum in his/her dealing with the superiors, colleagues and students every time.
- No teacher shall absent himself/herself from duties at any time without prior permission from higher autorties.
- No teacher shall accept any honorary or other assignment given to him/her by any external agency without the prior permission of the Principal or Directorate of higher education.
- No teacher shall associate with any political party or take part in any other organizational actively, which is not in line with the duties and ethics of the teaching profession.
- No teacher shall attempt to bring any political or outside pressure on his/her superior authorities in respect of service matters.
- No teacher shall act in any manner that violates the norms of decency or morality in his/her conduct or behavior inside and outside the College Campus
- No teacher shall incite, provoke or instigate any students or any other member of the staff into any form of action against the higher authorities, or that seeks to disrupt the academic activities of the College.
- No teacher shall by act or deed degrades, harass or insult any other person for any reason whatsoever or act in a manner unbecoming of the teaching profession.
- Every teacher in the service of the College shall at all the time strive for academic excellence in the discharge of his/her duties and conduct himself/herself in the manner of a perfect role model for others to emulate.
- Comply with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations;
- Act with competence and strive to advance competence, both in self and in others;
- Devote time, thought, and study to the duties and responsibilities of one's job and be able to render effective and creditable service;
- Understand the Institute's objectives and policies and contribute constructively to their ongoing evaluation and reformulation;
- Maintain the confidentiality of privileged information that infringes upon another's right to privacy and not disclose information to secure personal or financial gain;
- Refuse to engage in actions that violate the ethical principles contained in this Code or provisions of law.
- Staff members should display the highest possible standards of professional behavior that is required in an educational establishment
- Staff members should seek to co-operate with their colleagues, providing support, help and guidance as required by them and Head of Department (HOD) / administrative head, and enable effective communication throughout the institute.
- Staff members should not use their position in the institute for private advantage or gain.
- Staff members should avoid words and deeds that might bring the institute into disrepute or might undermine colleagues in the perception of others (staff/students/parents/community).
- Staff members should retain professional independent objectivity and not promote dogma or political bias to others in their working activities.
- Staff members should be aware of, and should follow institute policies systems and procedures. They should normally communicate through the management structure, and should ensure students do likewise.
- Continuing professional development and support shall be provided by the institute and, where appropriate and agreed, will be based on the objectives of the Institute Development Plan. Periodically, employees will be required to attend certain training activities.
- 8. Staff members should attend their place of work punctually in accordance with their conditions of service. Those unable to avoid being late or absent should, whenever possible, give as much notice to the HOD or administrative head, so that alternative arrangements may be made.
Code of conduct for students:
Students should wear identity cards inside the campus and also when attending any meetings outside the campus. I-Cards are to be worn round the neck and this drill is compulsory. Any violation of these orders will lead to disciplinary action.
All students are directed to notethat the use of mobile phones in thecollege campus is strictly bannedas per the H.P Govt. norms (vide letterNo.EDN-HE(21)B(15)15/2017-VDirectorate of higher education H.PShimla-I). The defaulters will be dealtwith as per college discipline rules.
Academic Rules and Regulations for Students:
College fees and other charges are to be paid on the dates according to theschedule for each class as notified by the college office. A fine of Re. 1/- per day willbe charged from the students who break the notified schedule for the payment offees. However the name of the student will be struck off the college rolls if the duesare not paid within 10 days of the deadline.If a student fails to pay his/her fee by the end of the month in which fees andfine are charged his/her name will be struck from the college rolls. A re-admission feeof Rs. 100/- along with specific fine will be charged from him / her, if he / she wishto re-join the college. However, his / her re-admission will depend on the direction ofthe principal.A student leaving college will have to pay fees and funds for the entire month inwhich he/sheleaves the college. He/she will have to obtain clearance from the college office, libraryand other concerned department to the effect that he/she has paid all college dues.
Discipline and Conduct Rules for Students
The authority of the college covers every student on its rolls. The Principal and the members of thestaff have the power to take disciplinary action against students indulging in acts of indiscipline,which may lead to imposing fine, or suspension, rustication or expulsion of the guilty student.
i) The students are expected to confirm to the rules and regulations, which are notified from time totime in addition to those contained in this prospectus.
ii) The students should come to the college and leave it according to the time table.
iii) Roaming about in the campus, corridors and outside during classrooms during vacant periods andcausing disturbance to teaching work in this manner is highly undesirable and will beconsidered as an act of indiscipline.
iv) Damage of any kind to college property including defacement of walls, damage to the furniture, etc. is an act of indiscipline.
v) No student will put notices on the College Notice Board without proper authorization by thecollege authorities, notices without the signatures of the Principal or a member of the teaching staffwill not be valid.
vi) Smoking and use of 'Gutka', etc. is strictly prohibited within the College premises. Strict actionwill be taken against the offenders.
Once the admission of the student to the college is confirmed, he/ she should collect his/ her identity fromthe College Office/ the Librarian well in time as per the schedule notified by the Office/ the Librarian. It willbe the total responsibility of the student to get his/ her identity card duly signed by the Principal/ his nominated authority within 15 days of the start of regular classes.No student without identity card will be allowed to enter the college campus.
Each student must carry his/ her identity card with him/ her while in the college campus,which must be produced whenever it is demanded by any member of the teaching staff. F a i l u r eto do so should entail strict disciplinary action. The identity card is an important document: In case the identity card is lost; the sameshould be reported immediately to the college authorities along with the police report ofhaving lost the card.
A fine of Rs. 30 will be charged for issuing a duplicate identity c a r dalong with Rs. 10 as the cost of the card.
Hostel Rules and Regulations
Ragging includes any type of physical or mental torture inflicted by any individual or group either by words orby conduct, which creates an apprehension in the mind of the person that he/she cannot pursue his/ herstudies free from any mental disturbance or torture created thereby. Any person who aids or abets such anaction shall also be guilty of ragging.Ragging in and around the college hostel campus or on roads/ approaches leading thereto is strictlyprohibited. If any student is found indulging in ragging directly or indirectly, the college authorities shall beobliged under Rule 22, 17 (a), (b), (c) of HP University to expel the guilty student(s) from the college hostel.
Any student found involved in ragging will be punished appropriately which may include:
|Absence Fine per Period||Rs.1/-|
|Absence Fine per Practical||Rs. 3/-|
|Absence From House Exam Per Paper||Rs. 10/-|
|Late Return of Library Books Per book per day||Rs. 1/-|
|Intentional Damage to Library books addition /-
(in to recovery of cost of books)
|Rs. 50 addition /-|
|P.T.A Per Semester||Rs. 250/-|
Some Do's and Don'ts of Conduct
Code of conduct for faculty
Code of conduct for Principal
The conduct of Institute administrators should be characterized by integrity. Each individual's personal and professional conduct reflects on one's institution, profession, and the higher education enterprise at large. The Principal should: