B.A/B.Sc./B.Com. Ist Semester
A pass in the Senior Secondary (+2) Examination (Academic Stream) conducted by the H.P. Board of School Education or an examination accept as equivalent thereto by the various bodies of the H.P. University.
1. Provided that the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with Science stream shall be given preference in admission to B.Sc.
2. Provided that the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with commerce stream shall be given preference in admission to B.Com.
3. Admission is purely on merit basis. Rounding of fraction of marks is permissible.
1. 23 years for boys and 25 years for girls as on July 1, 2017 (Chapter 3, 3.3A).
2. For SC/ST candidates a relaxation of three years in age is allowed.
3. The Vice-Chancellor, H.P.U. may, in exceptional cases/circumstances, to be recorded in writing, give relaxation in age up to a maximum of six months to any candidate. All such cases of age relaxation of up to six months may be granted admission provisionally by the Principal and a consolidated list of all such cases will be sent for approval of the Vice- Chancellor by 31st October of every academic year.
4. Relaxation in upper age limit is also available to physically disabled candidates.
5. A student who has been expelled or rusticated from any college will not be eligible for admission to any course without prior approval and permission of the Vice Chancellor.
6. While determining percentage of marks for eligibility, rounding off of fraction of 0.5% marks or above to the next full unit is permissible. The above condition of minimum percentage is subject to H.P University amendments from time to time.
7. If a student does not produce the actual mark sheet from the Board/ University on respect 10+2 where the result is shown in grades or equivalent exam standards, etc. the minimum percentage of marks for each grade/ standard will be taken into consideration while determining his/her
eligibility for the purpose of admission.
8. A candidate from National School of Open Learning will be eligible for admission in BA 1 semester only if he/she has passed all the five subjects including English (as per Ordinance/ rule nd vide HPU letter No. 4-94-HPU (Acad.) dated 2 Jan, 2004)
Read the instructions (on cover page) carefully and proceed as follows:-
Step 1 Fill in the Admission From legibly in your own handwriting clearly mentioning your MAJOR Subject. Illegible Admission Forms and Forms not filled-in by the students in his/her own handwriting will be rejected straightway. Tag (not pin) necessary documents with the Admission Form.
Step 2 Bring your Father/Guardian along and present yourself before the admission committee. Fill your second subject after discussion with Committee members. Get the form checked nd recommended for admission.
Step 3 Submit your form with the admission committee.
Step 4 Check your name in the list of eligible students on Notice Board.
Step 5 Deposit the fee in the office and get your class Roll Number. To get the Identity and Library Card, contact Assistant Librarian Sh. Subhash with your fee slip.
Note :- Merit List will be displayed as per the HPU Schedule